Rates for Home Organizing & More
Professional organizing is considered to be a premium, on-call home service. This means that rates can vary wildly depending on your geographical location and the expertise and certifications of the organizer. It is important to hire the right home organizer for your needs, temperament, personality, and budget. You should always contact more than one company to explore the best fit for you.
Chaos Control Michigan provides high-quality, client-focused professional organizing services to a wide variety of Metro Detroit clients at competitive rates. If core decluttering and hands-on organizing is what you need, then you're in the right place. Metro Detroit organizers usually charge anywhere from $30.00 - $75.00 an hour for decluttering and organizing services. Some may offer discounts for bulk hour package purchases and on-site consultations.
STANDARD HOURLY RATE - ALL SERVICES:
$40.00 hour, charged to the quarter hour
3 hour minimum
No travel fees within standard service area.
No convenience or payment processing fees.
Pre-paid discounts are available for packages of 10 or more hours.
Always FREE: 15-20 minute phone consultation to assess your project(s), needs, and answer your questions.
Posted rates and additional fees are subject to change at any time.
Service Basics You Should Know
- Your session includes time onsite with one (1) organizer.
- Hourly rate is for strictly hands-on organizing & includes only very basic surface cleaning.
- Basic cleaning entails: sweeping, vacuuming, or dusting of direct areas being organized.
- Full payment or balance is due immediately after your session is complete (if not prepaid).
- Organizer can work solo OR alongside you to accelerate the process and maximize your time.
- Bookings of 3 to 6 hours are the standard daily appointment sessions. Start times are flexible.
- It is helpful for the client to be onsite at least during the first appointment for a period of time.
- Time starts on arrival to your doorstep.
- Time winds up 15 minutes before the session ends to initiate the payment process & final tidy.
- OPTIONAL DEEP CLEANING of organized areas applies to rooms only, not the whole house.
- Please allow extra time for OPTIONAL deep cleaning services.
- Late evening and weekend sessions may be available on special request.
- No movement or rearranging of heavy or large furniture performed.
- Please secure your pets for their safety on the day of your appointment.
- Please secure or relocate valuables, sensitive docs, breakables, firearms, & 'adult fun' items.
Payments, Fees, & Terms of Service
PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS:
Cash, credit card (via PayPal) and online payment via PayPal are the preferred methods of payment. Paper checks no longer accepted, but you can easily set up payment from your bank account via PayPal. Credit cards can also be run through PayPal even if you don't have a PayPal account.
First time clients must submit a 50% deposit to reserve their 1st appointment. Deposit will count towards your initial session. Appointment is not considered officially booked until your deposit is received.
Payments and deposits can be made via this website. You will receive a written booking confirmation via email shortly thereafter. No additional payment processing / convenience fees are charged.
Booking multiple days requires a 50% deposit for the total amount of sessions desired.
Discounts are offered for pre-paid packages over 10 hours.
Deposits for established clients in good standing are not required.
Payment of balances are due at the end of each organizing session when not pre-paid.
Rates as posted are firm. If you are working with a specific budget, please sign up for email promotions to save on future organizing visits, secure a pre-paid package, payment financing through PayPal, or utilize these tips to maximize my time onsite and, in turn, your dollars.
CANCELLATIONS, RESCHEDULING & REFUNDS:
Deposits will be refunded in full if a cancellation is made in writing via text, email, or through the Contact page with at least 48 hours notice from the time/day of your appointment. Under 48 hours cancellation notices will incur a non-refundable $50.00 fee and you will be refunded the deposit balance due, if any. Cancellations under 24 hours will forfeit the deposit in full.
If you need to reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances, please do so with at least 48 hours notice, preferably by text, email, or through the Contact page. Doing so in writing is always best.
Organizer may reschedule your canceled appointment or waive any fees at her discretion, but bear in mind last minute cancellations make it extremely difficult to fill a spot that was specifically held for you.
Any client that makes a habit of canceling or rescheduling may be asked to pay a deposit or submit payment in full as a good faith gesture towards keeping future appointments.
If extreme and dangerous weather conditions do not permit safe travel, your appointment will be rescheduled to a more convenient day as soon as possible.
Please allow up to 2 business days for refunds to be processed.